Sunday, July 19, 2009

Starting in the middle


If you haven't heard of The Mana World yet and you like fantasy role playing games, check it out. I discovered The Mana World in its infancy over 3 years ago and left it for awhile. When I returned a lot had developed and the game is now very robust. There are also a number of excellent forums and a well organized wiki to help guide you... but the best part is just playing.

If I started at the beginning you'd hear something like, "Killed 200 maggots today," which is pretty boring, but that's how the game starts out - you == wimp! If you can get the chance accept anything another player wants to give you, almost everything is beneficial, even lowly Acorns (squirrels drop them).

So who am I in the game? Tarq, a Level 42 something, fighter would be the closest description.

Today I discovered that Yellow Slimes are not so tough. Sea Slimes take quite a chunk out of me, even with Light Plate and the Silk Headband.

My advice to newbies, get to level 15 or so and head west past the beach to hunt Pinkies. Better yet, if you're still a little raw, find someone to help you hunt Pinkies. Pinkies drop their antennas (very rarely). Collect 10 antennas and talk to Hinnak a farmer north of Hurnscald. He'll reward you with a Scythe, a potent weapon for fighter types. Then go hunt some squirrels!

I gave Kitkit 5 antenna today. I don't really hunt Pinkies much anymore, they're mainly just good for that quest. On to the second part of the fluffy quest (already have the gloves)... more later on this.

1 comment:

  1. I did get the second half of the quest too - the fluffy boots.

    ReplyDelete