Sunday, August 16, 2009

Steel Shield stumbling block

Ran into a bit of a snag with the steel shield quest. I managed to get enough ore and the two Infantry helmets necessary for the steel shield quest, but I overlooked one important component, the leather strap. Wolf1985 was kind enough to lead me through the "shortcut" to the Indian who sells the strap for 300 gold, but ... and it's a big but, you have to have a snake skin, and only mountain snakes drop the snake skin, and then only a tiny fraction of the time. I can beat a mountain snake ... a single mountain snake, if I'm at full health, but I really get my caboose kicked hunting alone.

So I've resigned myself to hunting cave snakes until my level is a few levels higher. Thought about concentrating on yellow slimes as well because they drop ore a fraction of the time. It seems better to kill the yellow slimes (will need to kill a lot because I need a lot of ore for a better helmet AND a steel shield). If I get the better helmet first it might help... but I said the same about the bone knife and it seems to be marginally better than the short sword.

No comments:

Post a Comment