Thursday, November 18, 2010

Monster points, monster points, monster points

I've harped about monster points in the past, but I thought I'd reinforce it with an example. Above is a screen shot from Uwebe, a player I play on the auldsbel.dyndns.org server. Notice level 16, fairly low, and in the inventory a snake skin obtained by trading away monster points. By level 50 I had enough points when I replayed Tarq to get the jean chaps (the jean shorts I got by killing cave snakes, which by the way isn't a bad thing to kill before that level for experience and for monster points).

Just make sure to register with Aidan early in your character's life - you don't want to register at level 60 and find out you've missed on 60 levels of monster points you could have traded for items.

Most of the items don't make a huge difference in game play, but some like the cherry cake are used in quests and are helpful early on for healing. Beer is another good example of a quest item that's a monster point reward. The demon mask quest is another quest that uses a lot of items that could be obtained by monster points.

Some items like snake skins and flower petals are tough to obtain if you're a low level warrior.

No comments:

Post a Comment