Monday, January 31, 2011

Compiled client versus Ubuntu client

As many of you know special "skills" have been added to the main server, skills like brawling, speed, and poison resistance. Not a lot of information has been posted on the wiki at this point, but the forums have some information.

If you're using the main client from the web site there's a known bug that doesn't let you increment a skill, even if you've specialized in the skill.

I decided to try the git version thinking that it might solve the problem (it did). However after downloading, compiling, and installing the git version someone mentioned that it's no longer going to be the main client, the manasource version will be the new client. It's a bit of a shame because I actually like the main version a bit better. I can't put my finger on the reason why, maybe it's simplicity, maybe it's the extreme north/extreme south running bug I ran into with manasource (where your player runs in one direction and you can't stop him/her).

Whatever the case I hope the client is placed in git repositories and step by step explanation is given for players new to Linux/*BSD.

No comments:

Post a Comment