Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Quest 2011

The Christmas Quest 2011 is now over. The quest involved finding a variety of items for Santa's elves and finding 4 lost reinboos.

The only prizes I can confirm at this moment are: Elf hat, Reinboo stick toy, and dyed gloves (I got some light blue ones).

One of the questions rolling around in my head was would it have made a difference (in prizes) if I used purple paper? I used every combination of paper except purple and it didn't seem to make a difference in prizes between two characters. In fact the character who used the most common paper got 1 additional prize (which could be due to the fact that I forgot to heal the elf on the top floor with my alt).

I have to say though the prizes seem a lot less cool than the orange caps that got freely distributed the same time. Considering the amount of work to do this quest, it's kind a bummer that the prizes from the Christmas quest were not more significant, especially given the cool giveaway hats a lot of people missed.

The quests also felt unconnected. Did Santa give a prize if you didn't find all the reinboos, but found made all the presents? Did Santa give anything extra for healing the elf on the top floor? I think what needed to happen was to break up the prizes, some awarded by Santa, some awarded by the Santa look alike outside of the shop, or maybe from the lead elf. That would have made the quests seem less broken up.

The gifts themselves were kind of cool looking. Even though they weren't functional, items like the rag doll and ball of string were pretty awesome looking. And what about Balthazar (or whatever his name was). If you spiked the gifts were you given anything?

Lots of questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment