Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Raging with a Bull Helmet vs. Tanking

There can only be one!
After a little help from some in-game friends I finally defeated Valia for the first time, and my prize was a Bull Helmet and a few hundred thousand experience points.

To answer the burning question some of you might be having, is the bull helmet any good? More accurately how is having a bull helmet plus the raging skill better than being a tank?

The answer is that being a rager with a bull helmet is better in some ways and worse in others.

If you like being able to solo a couple of fallens stick with being a tank. However, if you're tired of everyone always getting drops on you, you might want to look at becoming a rager. In the candor session shown in the screenshot above I consistently got between 24k-32k experience killing jack'os and I helped make short work of fallens.

The problem I have with ragers is they need support. That bull helmet takes a chunk of defense out of you. I tried readjusting my statistics, investing more in vitality and Luck, but I still ended up getting hit hard by monsters due to the big negative the helmet gives to defense.

Understand that this is at level 95. Levels make a huge difference, a few extra points, or an item or two can make an enormous difference. For example, with the Heart of Isis and a Ruby Ring I would probably make a totally different statement about Ragers. But a Ruby Ring is 1 million and the Heart of Isis is an extremely difficult drop to get from Valia.

For now I'm enjoying the rager, he works great in groups where you have mages to heal and awesome for lesser monsters like red slimes (who die like a knife through butter).

No comments:

Post a Comment