Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Client side bugs?

This morning the TMW client crashed in Ubuntu 10.04. This is to be expected of software once in awhile and it crashed gracefully, not bringing anything down with it. But one thing I noticed is that while I retained the items in my inventory my shortcuts had changed. Just after logging in I rearranged my shortcuts so that I'd have a number of healing items in the shortcuts (and Iron Ore because it makes it easier to track when you're yellow slime/ore hunting). After the crash happened, in Hurnscald thank goodness, the client showed the shortcuts exactly as they were before I rearranged them. This seems to indicate a couple of things:
  1. Items are stored server-side (good, I don't want to lose them to a crash).
  2. Shortcuts are stored client-side.
It's a bit of a minor annoyance, but I'd prefer to lose shortcuts than items.



I also noticed that over the years I've taken a lot of screenshots of my stash and statistics, which is pretty boring. I really notice this now trying to remember old friends and wish I had taken more screenshots of group events. In the future I'm going to make a concentrated effort to have more group shots. There's a lot of interesting players out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment