Sunday, November 21, 2010

More Mogguns, quests, and red scorpions.

The freshness of the halloween party has already worn off and the event hasn't even finished yet. I got tired of hunting strictly for sweets and decided to keep aiming towards some of the quests, and in the process completed a couple. The Letter Quest, which I'd inadvertently overlooked, but managed to do quite easily. I think even a level 20 might be able to do it. I also collected 25 red scorpion stingers and maggot slimes for Auldsbel (the snake tongues is next and I have all but the mountain snake tongues). In fact I got a bit obsessed with the fact that red scorpions also drop jackolanturns that I decided to keep killing scorpions until I had a few more (7 I think). I also picked up a Perl in the process.

The Setzer Quest seems like it could be in range. 14 more coal for the ingots + 6 coal portion, but I've yet been able to activate the monster oil portion. I'm thinking a requirement of having bought a steel shield may be first. I already have the short sword, so Nicholas should be allowing me to ask how to make my short sword better.

I figured out a strategy for killing Mogguns. I mentioned hit and miss in the past, but I missed something in that strategy. At this point I'm going to hold off mentioning more until I've tested the strategy more fully. The little bit I have tested so far has been successful, though the Mogguns don't seem to be dropping a lot of coal for me this evening: 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment