Thursday, November 25, 2010

falloutboy, tema, leveling and other things

Big thanks to falloutboy for all the iron potions. I spent some time hunting spiky mushrooms and managed to gather up around 70 iron potions when fallout boy gave me over 160 more. I ended up spending a bunch of time killing mogguns (using the potions to help) and finally got enough coal to create 4 ingots. fallout also gave me a couple of jacko souls, so I'm one up on my post about getting one from a yellow slime (which I lost in the server crash). I gave him a few halloween treats, nothing compared to what he was giving me, but I suppose everything helps in the end (we'll see when Gak finally releases the prizes). So all I need now is about 20 more coal and I should be able to make the steel shield. The patch should be pretty easy, I know where Patchua is and I'm pretty sure I have a couple more snake skins (monster points).

Tema helped me out while I was raiding the mines north of Hurnscald. Players tend to coagulate off to the right where all the red slimes are, avoiding the left area where there are actually more slimes, but also black scorpions and spiders. I ventured off to the left because there were already 3 people on the right. Luckily the red slimes seemed to be alone for awhile and I managed to collect a few items for resale (a couple of miner's gloves, some hats and boots, lots of knives). One of the items I was actually looking for and got were the red apples. Red Apples heal 50 damage, not a lot when mogguns do about 39 damage to me each shot, but enough to help when running away. I spent enough time that I leveled one more level. Just as the scorpions and spiders came out tema gave me a protection spell. It helped quite a bit because I started getting swarmed by black scorpions, spiders, and red slimes. At this point another player (with better equipment) came in and got their butt kicked... protection spells make the weak quite a bit more resistant. I was still cautious, but could take quite a few more monsters on at once. Anyway it was Tema's spell that helped me level, so I dropped an ore for him (not sure if he thought it was the slimes, but tema if you're reading this it was my thanks for the protection spell).

A couple of days ago I resolved an issue with my TMW server, auldsbel.dyndns.org. No one should have any more problems connecting to it. For those wondering why there isn't an "Online" status it's because the web server is hosted on a different machine from the game server. I'm still looking for the best way to either symbolically link the file or scp the file over without creating too much traffic/slowdown on either server.

No comments:

Post a Comment