Friday, December 10, 2010

Giant Cave Maggot(s) - Iten quest

One of the lower-level quests in Tulimshar is to kill 1 of 2 Giant Cave Maggots. Both maggots don't always spawn. I've been up and down looking when people spawned the giant maggots and often it's only one. If you've already done the quest you cannot respawn the giant cave maggots. I mentioned this quest before, but never got a good screenshot of the maggots, just the "iten" they drop.

The giant cave maggots look very similar to giant maggots with a slight colour difference. Don't let this fool you, they are stronger - though at my current level (62) not even close to a match. Rumour has it that the Halloween event has interrupted this quest and that the cave maggots currently are not dropping the iten. Not sure if this is true or not, but I've killed quite a few spawned by other players and seen nothing.

In other news, still trudging along towards 75 iron ore and 150+ coal for the warlord plate, but it's slow going. Gold seems to be accumulating a little easier, and in the brief time I spent in the northern Hurnscald mines I turned up another Ruby - nice.

I mentioned in a forum post that at my current level there's a lag in action. I'm still too weak to battle skeletons (even 1 on 1) but I've finished all the non-magic quests right up until the "Letter"/50 bones part of the quest. Taking the letter was easy, but bones are expensive and skeletons, even 1 on 1, seem to critical my butt. Naturally I've been upping my "Luck" stat lately hoping it might help not only with skeletons, but other monsters to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment