Sunday, February 20, 2011

How many spikey mushrooms does it take to get 30 iron potions?


Iron potions are the staple of a good warrior, they allow warriors to do additional damage on all creatures, but come particularly handy fighting yetis, skeletons, and jack-o. They can be bought in the snow town Nivalis for 500 GP each. If your character is rich this is a decent price. I've bought quite a few in the past. But I recently spent most of my gold and found myself wondering just how long it took to get 30 potions (actually I was thinking more like 100, but also figured I didn't have the patience).

The answer is: it takes a fair amount of time. I had to split my session into 2 sessions. In the first session I gathered 25 iron potions (which are sometimes dropped when you kill Spikey Mushrooms). The second session I finished off with 5 iron potions. It took approximately 453 Spikey Mushroom kills to accumulate 30 iron potions. I say approximately because other monsters got in the way sometimes: mooboo's, plants, etc. This is a terrible drop rate 0.06%, nowhere near the 1.2% rate that is suppose to happen. Of course just because it's a 1.2% chance of dropping doesn't mean it will drop for me/you, it's 1.2% overall.

Buy or hunt for Iron Potions, whatever your decision the price is still kind of high.

No comments:

Post a Comment