Sunday, December 18, 2011

Old tmw character database

It seems all I do lately is moan about problems with The Mana World. Unfortunately I can't say it's going to change today. The main server went down again. To be fair it doesn't happen that often, but whenever the database is restored there always seems to be some significant loss. This time I lost a huge amount of experience - I was slightly more than half way to level 87. I didn't check but it also probably means I don't have the Christmas quest stuff anymore.

What I don't understand is how nightly backups are not made? There must be a time where the server is quiet enough that a simple shell script can tar and gzip that databases? I can't say I'm not guilty of the same or worse on Auldsbel, but I do have regular nightly backups running in the event the database gets corrupted - something that has happened quite a bit with the main server.

I hate bitching and moaning, but it's extremely frustration to go from about 57% experience to 9%. Ah., this reminds me I think I also completed a couple of other things, which I'm going to have to go over in my mind to figure out. If I'm bitching it's the kind of stuff that makes players leave. It's the kind of stuff that made me frustrated enough to stop blogging about tmw in the past.

Buck up campers, stuff happens. So moan a little about it and move on. Do the quests again, level up, and keep playing - it's the seasoned veteran's way.

No comments:

Post a Comment