Thursday, February 9, 2012

Pink flower power !!! Or not.

So I set myself up for another quest of my own making. The impetus for the quest was I noticed (finally) that Pink Flowers also drop Coin Bags. Coin Bags go for 500gp when sold, not a bad haul. I wondered if it would result in more gold than what I'd get killing red slimes... but I was pretty sure of the answer before.

Still I set out to kill 100 Pink Flowers without pausing too much (hard to do when my wonderful wife waved a nice fruit salad in front of me - thanks Love). Around 98 kills others saw what I was doing and figured something important was going on (e.g. some quest)... so I racked up my last 2 kills. The results:

  • 4 coin bags (2000gp)
  • 10 pink petals
  • 2 empty bottles
  • 2 red apples
It really wasn't much of a haul as you can see. I suspected as much. Red Slimes really are better, especially since they can drop rubies which are worth much more than anything else they drop. Still it was a fun to watch other people go crazy after I went to town on the flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment