Monday, January 3, 2011

Gathering Time, or the End of Regular Quests

With the completion of the ring quest I've now done all the non-magic quests except for the Graveyard and Terranite quests, both of which are still too difficult for level 67 Tarq.
The Graveyard quests are listed from level 60, but I've found that I can only take on one skeleton at a time and only if they don't get a critical strike on me (which means more Luck and Dex are in order).
So what to do in this downtime??? Well this is usually the point where I invent my own quests. At some point I will turn mage and start doing the magic quests, but for the moment I'm content being a fighter. As I see it there are a couple of things I can do: 1) help new players and 2) gather components for spells.
The ring quest required 50 coal and 100,000 gp. The coal didn't take very long to collect, but the 100k took awhile considering I just spent 100k to get past the last present problem I had in the Christmas quest. I ended up trading in 36 roots I was storing for when I became a mage. So with roots in mind as a spell component one of my new quests will be to gather 50 roots. Along the way gathering raw logs, which are also a useful low level spell component.
When I played 11 months ago I had a robe in almost every colour, and I collected all the cocoons to make each robe, so obtaining 1600 or so cocoons is a secondary quest.
Of course there are a lot more spell components, and one of the important ones involves the various leaves, so I'll be hacking on plants for awhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment