Friday, January 7, 2011

Monique and Darkwind level to 99, Pearls, Oranges and other adventures

Congratulations to Monique and Darkwind who both leveled to 99! They held an event in which they dropped a lot of candies and oranges. I stuck around the event long enough to get a reward/drop from Sugar's mule who dropped 5 iron ore. As much as I would have liked to stick around and collect oranges the server was a bit laggy with so many people vying for the same stuff.

A little after I spent some time hanging around the graveyard and discovered that one on one Lady Skeletons no longer give me a problem and regular skeletons can be handled as well (though they still deal me some pretty nasty 200hp+ criticals). I squared off with a few poltergeists as well and seemed to manage. What I noticed at this point was that if I was going to take on Skeletons I needed more healing, and oranges (which heal +60hp) are an okay source of healing. Recalling that Monique and Darkwind's drop I remembered that Sea Slimes drop both oranges and candies (candies are kind of useless at +5hp, but better than nothing).

When I first got to the area I saw Friedel struggling with a bunch of sea slimes. He was managing, but they were spawning faster than he was killing them. I started attacking to help out and pearls started to drop. Now normally I don't usually hone in on an area someone's working, especially if it's an area like Mogguns where the monsters group attack you. So when the sea slime slaughter was done I gave Friedel the pearl I'd picked up during the slaughter... fair is fair, he would have got it eventually.

After Friedel I decided to kill 1,000 sea slimes. With time short (I only had 30 minutes) I ended up killing 320 sea slimes. The drop from those 320 sea slimes resulted in 3 pearls, 26 oranges, I didn't bother counting arrows or  candies which were not my main interest. (320/3 == 0.009375) According to the monster charts the drop rate for Pearls is suppose to be 0.02%. I guess everyone else was getting the Pearls. A few people were hunting slimes. Of course there's no guarantee the percentages will work out, but it's an interesting statistic and helps people get some sense of what to expect from drops.

No comments:

Post a Comment